still to come for a ramshackle Chelsea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still to come for a ramshackle Chelsea

BARRIE, Ont. Mason Cole Jersey. . "I have nothing to lose now, I have to play thinking that it is possible," Mourinho said. "To be fair, I dont think Paris think that its done." PSG coach Laurent Blanc was full of praise for his players. "We really believed we could do it tonight, and we pushed Chelsea around at times," he said. "The third goal changes things. We cant say tonight how much it changes things. The match at Stamford Bridge will be difficult." There was some bad news on the night for PSG, however, with Ibrahimovic limping off midway through the second half with a hamstring injury. "He will probably be out for a while," Blanc said. "I hope hell be back as soon as possible." In Wednesdays other quarterfinal first leg, Real Madrid beat last seasons finalist Borussia Dortmund 3-0 in Spain. PSG started aggressively and scored when Terry failed to deal properly with Blaise Matuidis cross and his header fell to Lavezzi some 15 metres out. The Argentina winger swiveled brilliantly before planting the ball into the top left corner for his 10th goal of the season. Chelsea struggled to deal with PSGs speed on the break, and midfielder Ramires was shown a yellow card after hacking down Lavezzi as he turned away from him near the halfway line. Ramires misses the return leg next week. Lavezzi caused Cahill constant problems with his pace. Midway through the half, Lavezzi got away from him down the left but his shot hit the side of the net. Chelsea equalized against the run of play in the 27th minute when Brazil centre half Thiago Silva lunged in a fraction too late and clipped midfielder Oscars leg. It was surprisingly rash judgment from Silva, the Brazil captain, who is considered one of the best defenders in the world. With the jeers from the Parc des Princes crowd ringing in his ears, ice-cool Hazard sent goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu guessing the wrong way. Lavezzi had another effort saved by Cech, but the home side nearly fell behind in the 40th minute when Hazards brilliantly controlled volley from wide left hit the right post. Lavezzi outshone Ibrahimovic and his looping free kick caused panic in the Chelsea defence and Luiz clumsily knocked the ball over the line. Worse wasstill to come for a ramshackle Chelsea defence that will need a vast improvement to stop PSG scoring an away goal next week that would surely put the tie beyond the Blues reach. Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jersey Cheap Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey Wholesale AC Milan Jerseys Cheap Arsenal Jerseys Cheap A.S. Roma Jerseys Cheap Atletico Madrid Jerseys Cheap Chelsea Jerseys Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Cheap Inter Milan Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Cheap Liverpool Jerseys Cheap Manchester City Jerseys Cheap Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Cheap Sevilla Jerseys Cheap Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys ' ' '
Working...
X